Do you have an emergency? We offer a 24 hour call out service.

Phone Number: 01483 200336

Mobile Number: 07585393530

Cesspools Permits and General Binding Rules

If you are not connected to your area's main sewage system, there are many alternatives available to you. You can choose to install your septic tank or make use of a small sewage treatment plant. In some cases, you can even consider installing a cesspool, depending on your environment and your unique needs. This means that you can easily take care of your sewage drainage needs effectively.

Disposing of your sewage is very important, and you should always do it properly. That's why you may be required to obtain a permit and to adhere to the general binding rules.

Apart from installing a cesspool on your property, you can also make use of a small sewage treatment system or a septic tank. In these cases, you should know who will be responsible for operating the sewage plant and taking care of maintenance.

You will be the operator if you own the property that uses the specific sewage system, or if you own a property that shares his office system with other properties. In this case, each property owner will be an operator, and you will all be jointly responsible for maintaining the system as well as complying with general binding rules. You may also be an operator if you have a written agreement with a property owner is that states that you are responsible for the maintenance of the sewage system. It will likely also be mentioned in your tenant agreement. If you are not sure whether or not you are the operator of a specific sewage system, contact the environment agency for assistance.

It is important to know who the operators of a specific system are you always need to adhere to the specific binding rules that may apply to you. You also may want to work with a professional installer that can ensure that your septic tank or small sewage treatment plant is installed and maintained properly. You have to ensure that it does not pollute the environment and that it is regularly being taken care of and maintained.

Do You Have a Cesspool?

One of the options that you can make use of is to install a cesspool or a cesspit. This refers to a tank that is completely sealed and collect sewage effectively. The tank has to be maintained and emptied on a regular basis, so it's important to ensure that you know what is required before you install this system.

You can also make use of a non-standard system such as a reed bed or a trench arch system. You can contact the environment agency to find out whether you need a permit for the specific sewage system you wish to install.These options make it very possible for you to install your own Independent sewage treatment system if you are not connected to your areas main system already.

Cesspools need to be emptied regularly, so ensure that you work with an experienced installer or service provider that can take care of this on your behalf. Maintenance is important as you never what to run a health risk or pollute the environment. 

The General Binding Rules

If you have a cesspool you do not have to comply with the general binding rules, and neither do you have to apply for a permit. However, you must effectively maintain your cesspool and make sure that it is emptied on a regular basis. This should be done by a registered waste carrier, as he is very important that you handle you are a sewage waste effectively. In addition to this, you should also make sure that your Facebook doesn't like or overflow. This can be an environmental hazard, which is why you should always make sure that you work with a professional installer as well as a registered waste carrier for ongoing maintenance.

If you want to install a new cesspool, you have to get planning permission as well as building regulations approval beforehand. In addition to this, you should also make sure that it has a minimum capacity of 18,000 litres for every two users in the home. Make provision for another 6,800 litres for every additional user in the house or the property.

You can also contact the environment agency or your local council so that you can effectively repair or replace your cesspool if it is no longer in a great condition.

As mentioned earlier, you do not have to apply for a permit if you manage a cesspool as your sewage system on your property. However, if you have a small sewage treatment plant or even a septic tank, you have to meet the general binding rules or apply for a permit.

What type of permit he will need to apply for depends on where you will this torture sewage as well as how much to which you will discharge on a daily basis.

If you are going to discharge her sewage into the ground, there are different applications to complete. The main thing to remember is to determine whether or not you are in a groundwater protection zone or not. If you are, you should fill in a specific form if you discharge less than two cubic metres of sewage per day, and a separate form if you discharge more than two cubic metres of sewage per day.

If you fall outside of a groundwater protection Zone, there will be one form for discharging up to 15 cubic metres of sewage per day, and another form if you discharge more than 15 cubic metres of sewage per day. If you discharge yourself into surface water, determine whether or not you are discharging more or less than 20 cubic metres per day. This will determine the application you need to complete.

Apply for a Permit

Before you start with your application and sure that you have a proper grid reference available for your septic tank or your treatment plant. Also, know exactly where the point is where it will be discharged. Then you have to calculate what the maximum amount of sewage will likely be that you will discharge on a daily basis. There are various calculators online you can also make use of your local Authority for help and guidance. Finally, you will have to provide a suitable site plan that he will need to submit along with your application.

There are different fees payable, depending on the amount of sewage you discharge on a daily basis. If you discharge less than five cubic metres after Mystic sea witch per day, that he will be around £125. If you discharge more than five cubic metres of domestic treated sewage per day, or if you discharge non domestic sewage, that he will be around £885.

The application can take up to 13 weeks, and even more if there is a specific planning issue. However, if your application is refused, you will be provided with a reason y and given time to rectify the issue so that you can apply again.

If you are not sure how to start the whole application process, ensure that you speak to an expert. This will help you to determine the right type of system to install, as well as how to go about the application process. It will also help you to maintain your system correctly so that you adhere to all the guidelines while keeping safety and effectiveness in mind.